H&S Motorsports is proud to introduce the Intercooler Pipe Upgrade Kit for the 2017 6.7L Ford Powerstroke! This kit allows you to replace the factory plastic/rubber intercooler hose assembly with upgraded components. The factory plastic hose adapter is replaced with a CNC-machined billet aluminum adapter (Patent Pending) that includes provisions for reinstalling the factory charge-air temperature sensor. The factory rubber intercooler hose is replaced with an upgraded 5-ply stainless reinforced silicone hose that is proven to withstand serious abuse.
Rather than a stainless steel pipe and two silicone couplers, a single 5-ply stainless reinforced silicone hose is included to connect the intercooler to the supplied HSM billet hose adapter assembly. This means two “clamped” connection points have been eliminated entirely which makes for improved reliability and MUCH easier installation. The custom molded silicone hose matches the exact contour/shape of the factory intercooler piping which also eliminates the need to relocate the factory power steering reservoir.
This 5-ply stainless reinforced silicone hose is engineered to withstand over 100 PSI at 400°F!
Still included in this kit is our beautiful CNC-machined billet aluminum hose adapter assembly that replaces the factory air intake valve to allow the use of a regular t-bolt clamp along with all of the clamps and hardware required to complete the installation quickly and painlessly.
Why would you need to replace the factory plastic intercooler pipe?
– We have seen the factory intercooler pipe fail on completely STOCK trucks.
Why does this happen?
– Turbochargers not only produce pressure, but also generate heat in the process. Once the combination of heat and pressure exceeds what the plastic intercooler pipe can handle, it will fail catastrophically, which could potentially leave you stranded on the side of the road.
Why do you need aftermarket ECM tuning with this product?
If you select after market tuning this product removes the throttle body that was originally located in your OEM intake piping. Most aftermarket ECM tuning will be capable of calibrating this valve out of the system, but please check with your tuning provider to see if this product is supported. H&S Motorsports is not responsible for verifying if your vehicle is supported. If you cannot confirm that your ECM tuning supports this product, we suggest purchasing the one that is factory OEM tuning.
Don’t get stranded, install the H&S Motorsports Intercooler Pipe Upgrade Kit.
- 1-HSM Billet Hose Adapter Assembly
- 1-5-Ply Stainless Reinforced Silicone Hose
- 2-Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
- 1-Pack of Installation Hardware
- This product when used incorrectly may violate local, state, and federal laws pertaining to emissions, traffic, registration, and safety.
- Use of this product may damage or destroy mechanical and/or electrical components of this vehicle.
- This product MUST be used in conjunction with a tuning device that allows removal of the throttle body and electronics, otherwise you WILL have check engine lights.
- Use of this product may void or nullify the vehicles factory warranty.
- User understands that motorsports are dangerous, and that installation of this product may subsequently require special driving skills or techniques to safely operate the vehicle.
- User assumes sole responsibility for the safe, proper, and legal use of the vehicle at all times.
- The purchaser and end user releases, indemnifies, discharges, and holds harmless H&S Motorsports, LLC from any and all claims, damages, causes of action, injuries, or expenses resulting from or relating to the use or installation of this product that is in violation of the terms and conditions on this page, the product disclaimer, and/or the product installation instructions. H&S Motorsports will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, punitive, statutory, or incidental damages or fines cause by the use or installation of this product.